Actually Ubuntu provide CD Live for aurun with cd without installation with your hardisk. Now you can install Persistent Ubuntu 9.04 from windows with your USB as your booting system. Note that this process does utilize a casper-rw loop file for persistently saving and restoring changes on subsequent boots.
Ubuntu 9.04 Jaunty Jackalope Screenshot
Ubuntu 9.04 USB Flash Drive Creation Essentials
- Windows PC to perform conversion
- Ubuntu 9.04 ISO
- 2GB or larger USB flash drive (fat32 formatted)
- U904p.exe (contains the files to do the conversion)
Ubuntu 9.04 USB Flash Drive Installation tutorial
- Download and launch u9.04p.exe, extracting to your PC. A U904p folder is automatically created
- Download the Ubuntu 9.04 ISO and place it in the U904p folder on your computer
- From the U904p folder on your PC, click U904.bat and follow the on screen instructions
- Once the script has finished, restart your PC and set your BIOS or Boot Menu to boot from the USB device, save your changes and reboot
If all goes well, you should now be booting from your own personal Live Ubuntu 9.04 USB that allows you to save most of your changes persistently.